Sunday, December 25, 2011

Org Analysis First Part



Well this is my second time to write a blog, my first time is way back college that we are instructed to create a blog to state our feedback about the movie that we watched entitled “The Pirates of the Silicon Valley”.

December 3, Saturday is the second meeting in our Masteral (MIT) class in UIC. My first subject in the morning at 10 am is Organization Analysis under the instruction of Dr. Randy Gamboa. I woke up around 6:00 am in the morning, have my daily routines and preparation for my long travel (Bansalan to Davao) and then finally, around 7 in the morning arrived in the waiting shed, hoping for Weena or Metro Shuttle bus to came up from along the narrow road of the highway. Lastly, about 30 minutes of long waiting (unexpected), there’s a metro shuttle along the way and I finally got my ride. The bus drops by in the Digos terminal for picking on the new passengers to arrived, at about 25 minutes the bus head off to Davao. And wow…along the road that we travel to Davao, there it comes again the expected widening and reconstruction of the road from Badjang to Sta. Cruz, (nus.a man ni mahuman uie). The other side of fully cemented road in about more than a month is still not allowed to pass by, still stuck there, and still the vehicles are just allowed to pass on the rough road. In a reconstruction of a road like this, of course, it’s very inconvenient for the vehicles and for the passengers because there will be no overtaking and all vehicles are to follow the long line of a one lane of vehicles there at a much reduced speed. But still it’s okay because this is one of the projects that where our tax is going for and if this project will be completely done, it would give conveniences to the people. I just can’t avoid comparing the reconstruction of road from Guihing to Padada, I can say that the reconstruction of road there is more rapidly done and organized, as I have observed.

After the long travel including the inconveniences along the road + slow speed ride of a driver + inspection of the military along the road to Toril and the very expected test-patience long traffic here in Davao. The result was I arrived very late at UIC dark room at around 11:30 in morning. Charged as an experience, next time I will force myself to wake up 5 in the morning to arrive early here in Davao. I really do hope that I can make it. I think I’m the one who was the last that arrived very late in the class. There Tor (short for Doctor) Randy Gamboa started already the discussion. Unfortunately there are no vacant seats at the back, so for me to occupy the 3rd row of vacant seats from the in front. Of course, Tor Randy noticed my arrival and asked me “Is this your first time in the class?” I answered “Yes Sir” and my other classmate responded that “C Melai version na, bagsak na na’”. And also Tor Randy seconded the response “bagsak na,bagsak na”. And because of the unexpected response of my classmate, I just uttered this words, my used to expression “Lain ky ka ai…” over to my classmate. There I just registered into my mind the connection of their responses, that it’s a sin to call him “Sir”, it should be Randy Gamboa. (Now, I know). For me Tor Randy. Hehe. He said that I have to introduce myself in the class. I simply introduced my name and after that I just said “I’m glad to see you classmates” (weeh) .

Go back to the Org. Analysis discussion, sad to say I really missed the first discussions before I arrived. But so far as my retention was processing, I’m on the discussion of VMGO of the organization, and Tor Randy asked us about if we were familiar about the VMGO of our organization, sad to say when I was first hired in HCBC, I instructed to familiarize or memorize the VMGO of Holy Cross of Bansalan College, but unfortunately, only a little familiarization due to my 7 preparations in school that it was my first priority to be prepared. And then I learned about why strategic planning in the organization, why employees are included on making a strategic planning, not just only the top administrators, well for us to be involved or contribute ideas and know…for sure…about strategic planning. Tor Randy states the letters of the smart, smarter, and smartest and what it stands for. Followed by the discussion of ABCDE Strategic Planning model, SWOT analysis and the difference between goals and objectives, as for me, goal is short terms while the objectives state for a long term. My reflection at the end of the discussion is Why Strategic Planning? (Because this is included in my Org. Analysis subject? (Pwede)Hehe…). Honestly, at first I just can’t really relate about strategic planning because I’m late on the discussion. But later on, I realized its importance, now that I’m involved or connected in an academic institution; my job is not only a teacher/instructor but a strategic planner as well. Now, the first step is, it’s time to review and be serious in understanding the VMGO of HCBC. In my own understanding, strategic planning is based on the organization or company’s concept, it is a detailed planning that should be realistic and attainable. That’s why the administrators, employees or anyone that makes up the organization or company should think strategically and act operationally. That’s all for my Org. Analysis online diary. Yahu!

Merry Christmas And Advance Happy New Year!
From: witty_lyndz:)




1 comment: